Data Structure> Requirements and Guidelines
- All entities must have a name.
- All entities are language specific.
- A card must belong to a single unit.
- A card must belong to a single unit of the same language.
- A card can have requires (prerequisites). Requires cannot form a cycle.
- Each card kind has its own requirements.
- For more card kinds, see Data Structure: Card Kinds.
- A unit must have a written goal.
- A unit must be a single learning objective than cannot be easily divided.
- A unit must have at least 2 cards to be active.
- A unit can have requires (prerequisites). Requires cannot form a cycle.
- A subject must have a written goal.
- A subject’s goal can be anywhere from narrow to broad.
- A subject must contain at least one unit or subject.
- Subjects may only contain units and subjects of the same language.
- Subjects, unlike cards and units, cannot have requires. Instead, subjects have members. Membership cannot form a cycle.
- Cards should be shorter than 3 minutes, but may vary in length.
- Based on kind, cards can vary greatly in the fields they contain.
- A unit may also represent an integration of other units.
- Some unit tags may include Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Most subjects should be described as either a collection of units or a collection of subjects.