Want to Help?
Interested in contributing to Sagefy? Here’s some areas we could use some help. This is only a list of ideas… we welcome any help!
Also, if you’re interested, sign up for development updates.
- Building any content of your choosing.
- This is by far the most important item on the list!
- Read this doc and reach out! More than happy to help organize and get content into the system.
- We’ve very interested in topics outside of mathematics, computer science, and foreign languages (though those are good too)! Arts, history, natural sciences, social sciences, and more are all welcome!
- Helping us to mass pull content from a high-quality content source.
- Researching different options available.
- Working with sources on copyright issues and technical porting.
- Supporting the existing electronic music content with:
- Feedback on the current content.
- Additional content on the artistic study of electronic music, history, tools, and projects.
- Writing articles about Sagefy on Medium
- Proofreading and feedback
- Writing and implementing user engagement emails
- Getting quality links from other websites to Sagefy, such as social media or edtech.
- Coming up with new outreach ideas!
- Creating documentation and tutorial videos.
- Feedback on the system so far: demo
- Testing and filing bugs
- Contributing ideas to our board
- Learn how to set up a local development environment
- Unit tests for the browser experience
- Increasing API tests to 99% coverage
- Building new features and fixing bugs, such as:
- Revamped ‘suggest subjects’ page
- Improving the editing and creating content experience…
- Creating additional types of cards (learning activities)
- … and lots of little bugs! (Some of which are very easy)
- Reach out if you are interested!
- Improving security and privacy
- Improving DevOps, deployments, scaling, and pipelines
- Splitting up API endpoints to have smaller domains.
Math and Stats
- At the end of this article is a call to action section with some of the things we need help with, such as:
- Improving current Bayesian Knowledge Tracing models, particularly with parameter estimation
- Designing an implementing contributor rating system
- Improving the card choosing mathematics
- Handling ‘asynchronous assessment’ (such as peer-scored cards)
- Recommending subjects to learners
- Models for social learning
Financial and Legal
- Creating non-profit legal structure to accept financial assistance
- Creating business models for self-sustaining without putting up learning bheind a paywall
- Seeking grants
- Legal review