Want to Help?
Interested in contributing to Sagefy? Here’s some areas we could use some help. This is only a list of ideas… we welcome any help!
If you’d like to reach out, feel free to hit us up on Twitter or send an email.
Also, if you’re interested, sign up for updates.
- Building any content of your choosing.
- This is by far the most important item on the list!
- Read this doc and reach out! More than happy to help organize and get content into the system.
- We’ve very interested in topics outside of mathematics, computer science, and foreign languages (though those are good too)! Arts, history, natural sciences, social sciences, and more are all welcome!
- Helping us to mass pull content from a high-quality content source.
- Researching different options available.
- Working with sources on copyright issues and technical porting.
- Supporting the existing electronic music content with:
- Feedback on the current content.
- Additional content on the artistic study of electronic music, history, tools, and projects.
- Writing articles about Sagefy
- Proofreading and feedback
- Writing and implementing user engagement emails
- Getting quality links from other websites to Sagefy, such as social media or edtech.
- Coming up with new outreach ideas!
- Creating documentation and tutorial videos.
- Feedback on the system so far
- Testing and filing bugs
- Contributing ideas to our board
- Learn how to set up a local development environment
- Unit tests for the browser experience
- Increasing API tests to 99% coverage
- Building new features and fixing bugs, such as:
- Revamped ‘suggest subjects’ page
- Improving the editing and creating content experience…
- Creating additional types of cards (learning activities)
- … and lots of little bugs! (Some of which are very easy)
- Reach out if you are interested!
- Improving security and privacy
- Improving DevOps, deployments, scaling, and pipelines
- Splitting up API endpoints to have smaller domains.
Math and Stats
- At the end of this article is a call to action section with some of the things we need help with, such as:
- Improving current Bayesian Knowledge Tracing models, particularly with parameter estimation
- Designing an implementing contributor rating system
- Improving the card choosing mathematics
- Handling ‘asynchronous scoring’ (such as peer-scored cards)
- Recommending subjects to learners
- Models for social learning
Financial and Legal
- Creating non-profit legal structure to accept financial assistance
- Creating business models for self-sustaining without putting up learning bheind a paywall
- Seeking grants
- Legal review